21 April 2009

Downtown Snodland

Another trip down to Kent, to Snodland (yes, that's the actual name)
Flew down with EasyJet to Gatwick. I've never had much luck with Gatwick as a waypoint. There was that 4 hours in a small room back in my uni days, but the last time I was through Gatwick the pilot arrived at the wrong terminal and we were all stuck. Domestic passengers cannot pass through international arrivals, but once you go through that door from the plane you cannot go back. It took them over an hour to sort it out. On the way back a fire alarm went off, just as the beers arrived. I was quite pleased this time - no Gatwick problems yet.
Hire car though. Went to collect my car and there was a lot of damage noted. Nothing serious, just scrapes and dings. While I was checking it all I noticed the flat tyre. I got a different car quite quickly (with a similar list of damage) but this one had air in all its tyres.
Only got minorly lost as well, and just at the end. It turned out I was basically circling around whereI neeeded to be.
Had a good meal and 2 good pints locally and 1 more back at the hotel. Why do all the locals roll their eyes when I tell them where we stay?

0 comments: