29 January 2011

Mud mud mud

Finally got a nice enough day to get out on the bikes.
Just went for a short run around Troon, but avoiding a moderately busy road. This meant cutting back into Fullerton Woods. I checked the map and there was a path we could use. I presumed it was the same quality as the other paths in the park.
We thought the hard bit was over, the mud was just after this bit

It was slightly more off-road than we are used to That wasn't  a problem though and we simply got on with it. The problem came after a slight dip.
This dip was flooded and filled with the thickest mud I have ever encountered. I don't know how we all managed to keep cycling through it (though I did shout at Ciaran to keep going) but we made it through t the other side where the path joins the more established paths.
As we cycled I kept flicking the brakes to try and get some of the thick mud off but to no avail.
When we finally got home we had to get the power washer out and hose the bikes down.
Still, it was good Maggie's Training

0 comments: