08 October 2011

Two new names

I have been given two new names this week. These are different from the other names I get called which I tend to just ignore.


The first is Bagheera. This is the panther from The Jungle Book.

This is the name traditionally given to assistant Cub leaders. This is down to the original connections between Kipling and Baden-Powell. When Baden-Powell was developing scouting for younger boys he based it on Kipling's Jungle Book stories, specifically "Mowgli's Brothers". The leaders still take their names from the main characters in the story.

It seems Akela is fairly confident that my application will go through. I certainly got that impression from the interview I had on Wednesday night. I now have study modules to work through...

The second is "Juror #6". It have been called up as juror in an assault, GBH and attempted murder case. They are hoping that it will only take 4 days but after day 1 yesterday, a short day as the Sheriff like to get away quick on a Friday, only the first prosecution witness has been done, and the second prosecution witness will have their cross starting Monday morning.