27 December 2012

What a mug!

Christmas is now almost over. Just the relaxing bits left thankfully.
It was hectic all of December for me due to a scheduling mistake in mid November leaving me with 17 days work to fit into 15 days, with 2 of these days blocked out for training. Plus a project manager having a hissy fit leaving me more to do.
Luckily it was all done on time (more or less) but I just wasn't feeling Christmassy.

Christmas Eve Ciaran arrived and cooked steak for the three of us. Felt a lot better. Then he and I went to midnight Mass with a carol service before hand. Finally I felt in the Christmas spirit.
Christmas morning was quiet. Ciaran is at that age where a lie in is more desirable to opening presents, but we did gather around the tree and then I made French Toast before dropping him off with his mum.
I then spent the rest of Christmas day and Stephen's Day with Fiona at her mum's with her grandad.
Finally got my first games of Rummikub this Christmas! (Didn't win any though)

Amoung the many presents were a total of 4 mugs.
My sister got a Keep Calm You're only 40 in honour of her birthday on Christmas,
Ciaran got Fiona a Keep Calm and Drink Coffee mug, and I got the 2 right most mugs shown below.
The leftmost is my Libra mug, a birthday present from years ago. Its a normal capacity, 250ml, but a little short and wide, like me. The elephant mug is my normaly everyday mug. It holds a manly 400ml. Fiona, her mum and my mum all have special mugs for when I visit all of which hold about the same.
Fiona got me the red one which can hold a hearty mugful at 500ml while Ciaran's gift of the blue mug will hold over 900ml of tea. That's almost 1kg of milky tea goodness, enough to make Mrs Doyle weep.

New Year's Eve now approaches. This years costume theme is Song Titles...