06 January 2013

Dreaded time of year...

...the diet starts tomorrow.

We've been running down the Christmas foods and looking at the new cookbooks (I was given the Hairy Dieters).

The exercise routines are being discussed and we went out for a baseline cycle today, just to see how far we had fallen. It was reassuring as we did reasonably well considering its our first cycle of any kind since September. We managed 10 miles in an hour, with an icy cold wind and misty rain.

The exercise last year didn't fare too well. Rupturing my ankle tendons in January kept me sidelined, or at least off the bike, until May. Then in September I put my back out.

Compared to 2011, in 2012 I had 30 hours less direct exercise, and 150km less distance and that even includes 130km, 11 hours while on holiday in Aviemore!

Its not looking good though as I have the Exiles Lunch tomorrow (my roughly monthly lunch with the retired team members) and the Badminton club 'Christmas' dinner on Thursday night...