07 May 2013

April's Report

As I feared, April was not a good month on the overall campaign to lessen myself.

Don't really know what happened to my weight, apart from it not reducing!
There are a few pointers - Dublin meant more eating and less care, other issues meant less weekend sports but I am a bit disillusioned with it.
There is the notion that lean muscle weighs more than fat, though takes up less volume. That may account for it but not the steep angle change during April - I don't think the muscle appears overnight!
It could be the Easter debris - the end of Lent, the availability of eggs etc. I need to keep an eye on it as my trend line has now crossed my target line. I'm now not expected to hit my target weight until next March. Thats ot bad, but I would have liked to hit it on time. I will have to be stricter. Hopefully with the longer evenings there will be more opportunity to get out and about.



Fitness wise I'm on an upper. There is definitely an improvement. My times for my lunchtime cycle are dropping, both on individual cycles and on the monthly averages. With what has been going on, I actually managed more of my lunchtime cycles but only 1 weekend cycle. Those 16 workouts though are a bit of a hack. One trip has been counted as 3 separate workouts, so the real total is only 14.  But still, 25 more km in about the same total time. Something is looking better.

I certainly feel better. Since the start of May I have increased what I do at the gym as part fo the jump start. May will need to be better otherwise I'm not sure what the next step will need to be.