11 April 2010

First Sunburn of the Year

Fiona has been away curling in Stranraer all weekend. Its a knock-out competition of all the cup winnings teams through the year. I had said that i would drive down to cheer her on but sadly she didn't progress to the finals. However, since it was such alovely day I headed down anyway and we went into Port Patrick for a wander and lunch.
When we got there it seemed that almost everyone else in the region had the same idea. The village was absolutely packed, and there was a remarkable number of bikers there, all in their leather gear and diet cokes.
We wandered back and forth along the front a few times before heading to one of the pubs for lunch. After that we headed back to the sea wall and just sat and watched the ocean, with my face getting its lobster colour for the first time this year.
After dropping Fiona back in Stranraer we stayed to watch some of the final and playoff for 3rd place, me keeping fairly quiet to avoid drawing too much attention to my ignorance of the sport.
As I drove back north to go home the sun was setting over Ireland with a light mist over the Firth of Clyde.

0 comments: