21 February 2011

End of an era

After a long service, and a easy retirement, I'm finally consigning my aged laserjet 6l to the scrap heap.
DeskJet 6L 1998 - 2011

It just won't print properly any more - the letter are faded and even after a good cleaning and a new batch of toner (branded HP toner let me tell you) it didn't get any better.
Of course, the new toner makes what does print look much better - crisp and nice dark black, but the bits that weren't printing before still aren't.
Step in new Samsung printer. Cheap deal on Amazon. I need a laser because I don't print enough to justify the dry ink wells an inkjet would leave me with.
This is a USB one and of course I have thrown out the spare cable I had (I had decided that I would never use an A to B data cable) only two weeks ago. Luckily I remembered the belkin 4 port card I had removed from the old pc - i was just about to order a powered hub as I had no slots left.
The new pretender...

0 comments: