26 May 2014

Wet Bank Holiday Monday

As it always seems to be the case, it is wet on our Bank Holiday Monday.

Since we had the Avondale Gala and Barn Dance on Saturday and it was very wet yesterday we have done no cycling so today is our last chance for this weekend.

Once we got down and had breakfast I could hear the light rain n the conservatory roof, always sounding worse than it actually is. We decided to go out anyway and see what happens.

By the time we we ready (and those few chores done around the house - I needed shirt into the wash) the rain was off and so were we.

Less than 2 minutes in, Fiona asked where my waterproof jacket was. I hadn't bothered to bring it, being all manly and all. Sinc ethe plan was to head out to the Burns Centre for food, it was suggested that I go back and get it so I could peel it off rather than sit soaked if it did rain., She would continue and I would catch her up. Yes Dear.

Luckily I did. Just coming out of Prestwick, about 40 minutes in, it started to rain. We stopped and I got to use my new waterproof for the first time.

Less than 5 minutes later it was raining so hard we couldn't really see and had to shelter for 30 minutes at a bus stop. At this point it was agreed that heading back was the wisest course of action and return home.

Definitely the wettest we've been since Aviemore 2 years ago.

But the wet weather gear worked this time. Dry inside, but my feet are wet and cold. Fiona survived also, almost completely dry but very muddy from spray, and the car that splashed as we passed the airport.

She's already had her shower and since the hair-dryer is now on time to log off for my shower.